Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Taking My First Step

Hello world. I've been considering blogging for way too long without taking any action. It's similar to how I feel about college. I keep thinking it's a good idea, yet I have multiple reasons why I haven't signed up yet (though I did speak to a counselor and thought I was going to barf as butterflies took flight in my gut - why is school so scary?)

I named my blog Life's Not a Fairytale because I think it adequately sums up how I felt when a) I got married, b) when I had my children and c) now, as I'm raising my children. The media really does humanity a disservice by painting on the picture of "happily ever after" images, both with a spouse and with children. Don't misquote me please, I love my family. Absolutely, positively think they're fabulous, but they certainly surprised me when we all did not mesh the way I assumed we would.

So that you have all the info, I am a 32-year-old, stay-at-home mother of 3 children (ages 8, 5, and 4) and I have been married for 13 years to a military man. Life may not be a fairytale, but I assure you that it's more exciting. Who wants to be so certain of their future anyway?

I hope you enjoy my future blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment